BWTS & EGCS 3D Scanning
We provide highly detailed 3D Scanning to capture the “as-built” condition of the vessel and assist in the design and installation of ballast water management system (BWMS) technologies or Scrubber Exhaust Gas Cleaning System(EGCS) conversions. 3D Modeling demonstrates how either of these systems and associated filters and piping, will fit within the available space for the vessel. 3D Laser scanning of vessels with different types(Bulk carrier, LNG tanker, Chemical Tanker, container vessel, VLCC, etc.) and sizes LOA – 70m to 500m large vessels required 3D Scanning for BWTS, EGCS, or hull scanning for restoration/design verification. Fibrox3D has done 50+ vessel 3D Scanning and Surveying(preliminary survey) of the vessel for BWTS & EGCS onboard.The preliminary survey includes mainly, report preparation, collection of documents, photos, videos of the critical piping system of the vessel.
- Capture the as-built piping, structure and arrangement of the vessel
- Model the BWMS or Scrubber and Components in Location, Show Obstructions and Verify Maintenance Space
- Generate a Preliminary Visual Design (to assist in decision-making of the final arrangement)
- Reduce Potential Change Orders during the Retrofit
- Provide for Pre-Fabrication Options to Reduce Costs
- Identify Potential Hazardous Areas or Risks
- Maintain Accurate 3D Ship Engineering Records for Future Use
Tunnelling and Mining
The 3D laser scanner for tunneling can identify and record any fissures or cracks which can be compared with the previous scan result to assess the area of concerns. The 3D laser scanners immediately detect any kind of change in local rock strata. The 3D laser scanner provides accurate and fast measurement as well as highly accurate 3D documentation for geological mapping and structural assessment, making it the perfect solution for mining tasks.
A tunnel construction, maintenance, or reconstruction is a quite challenging task due to confined space considering potential safety hazards. The building of a tunnel for coal and mineral mines or a cliff to establish a way of transport makes it difficult and insecure. In this case, 3D laser scanners such as Faro provide highly accurate technical assistance to perform complex tunneling tasks
- More safe working climate
- Potential risk reduction by the collection of important geometric details
- Fast and accurate measurement in complex situations
- Reduced unnecessary excavation by surveying
- Reduced costs and resources are diverted to job efficiency.
Automotive Robotic Shell ScanningIn Automotive Industry it is very usual to change robots and robotic shells when changing in car production and new car production. We can do as-built documentation of the existing robotic shell facility for reference use, Line builders can use our data to design new production lines.
- Volume survey
- Stock pile calculation
- Marine and offshore industry (Vessel, Rigs, maritime equipment reverse Engineering)
- Boiler and chiller plant reverse engineering
- Site Survey for Event management
- Site survey Lighting planning